Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13 - Better Day

I had a great sleep last night, and virtually no headache today! My only issue was that when I woke up I had a strange "hive" like rash on my left shoulder. This is very similar to what my husband has had so I hope it's not going to start affecting me also.
As I look out the window now, the windmill is turning, but not very quickly. I was disappointed yesterday as Hydro One was supposed to be here but postponed until Monday. The kids seemed to sleep well and seem to be doing quite well. I am thankful for the milder weather which seems to have eased some of the issues with the windmills.
I am concerned about the meeting on Monday evening. If council accepts more windmills, I feel so badly for those who will not even realize what is happening to them until the winter months come. We did not make the connection until well into the winter. I am worried also that since we are now sensitive to the side effects that when they return full force in the higher winds that they will be even worse for us. I just try to keep the thought in my head that hopefully it is not worse than we know. I think sometimes about cancers, brain damage, body and tissue damage, hearing and eyesight... especially when I hear the kids playing and laughing...I wonder, should we try to sell our home? Just in case....what if the kids growing minds and bodies suffer because of that which is unknown to us. As I hear from experts in the field who are certain that wind turbines cause health issues, I wonder what we should do. Is it too much to ask that our government(s) properly investigate the issues and keep us safe? I always thought that was part of living in Canada, protection from big business who would endanger our lives for the sake of the mighty dollar.....I guess that was very naive of me.
Trying to think positive, be positive and hold out hope for responsible government, Nikki.

No comments: