Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16th - Can you hear the Thunder Daddy

Today my husband took the boys swimming in the pool in our backyard after dinner. My three year old kept asking, do you hear the thunder daddy? I hear the the thunder. It was the wind turbines. As i sit here in the office typing, I can hear them outside woosh,1,2,woosh,1,2,woosh and then right behing that woosh, the second and I think I even hear a third windmill woosh,woosh,woosh. They are very loud tonight. The wind is blowing from our direction towards the windmills, and the blades are pointed towards us tonight. My 3 year old just came in as I am typing. He wants to know when the noise is stopping. It's 10:48 and he is still awake. My husband is also awake and about a half an hour ago he said to me " I wish I had the phone numbers of all the people who said the turbines are quiet, I would like to call them up and ask them if they could chat with me since I can't sleep anyway". I know he will have a long night and I feel badly for him. It's very difficult to have sleepless night after sleepless night and not get any relief. At least I know I'll sleep, not very well, but I will sleep. I can't imagine just laying there unable to sleep night after night, it must be so frustrating for him. Well, I am going to go try to reasuure my little guy that the noise is not scary or bad and try to help him fall asleep - it can't be good for his little growing body to be up at 11pm and have to get up at 7am......At least my headache was eased a bit for most of the day...it's back now, but I spent most of the day and evening in Chatham and was actually feeling pretty good until about 45 minutes ago when the headache returned... Nikki

No comments: