Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19th - A bit of Relief

I wanted to update everyone on my headache issue. I have actually been feeling a fair bit of relief over the past little bit. It seems the headache is lessened. I had thought maybe it was because the weather has been milder (less wind), and there has been rain as well (I seem to not notice it as much when we have storms)....but, I am now concerned that this is a false sense of security. For the third time this week, I have noticed that the turbine nearest our home is not running. At about 3:45pm today I was driving down the Four Rod Road and could clearly see that all the turbines in our area were moving except the one closest to our home. I watched it for at least 5 minutes and it did not move more than slightly to one side or the other. There have been various tests run at our house over the past month and I hate to think that the wind energy project is in any way tampering with the readings, but I must admit, it does seem odd that ALL of the other turbines are running and that one is not. If anyone can offer information on this, I would certainly appreciate it as the last time I contacted the city, who in turn contacted Kruger, I was told the wind turbine was functioning fine. I could see that it was not moving but was told that it was likely just turning itself into the wind and would start shortly. According to their instruments, "everything was running fine".
Nikki

1 comment:

Neighbour said...

Nikki your not crazy I too have seen that same wind turbine stopped and not just for afew minutes, we have seen it stopped sometimes up to 1/2 aday.
Your neighbour