Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25th - Ministry of Environment Information

After a few days of telephone tag, I was finally able to reach someone at the Ministry of Environment. They will be following up with me and will decide if an investigation is warranted. I will keep you posted on that as much as I can.

TO FILE YOUR ISSUE WITH THE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT:

It is important to call your local MOE office and let them know directly that you wish to file a complaint (eg. noise, adverse health effects, other) regarding the wind turbines near your home. In my case, the Windsor office is the one to call and their number is 1-519-948-1464. When you call the MOE directly, they will take your information and have someone call you back to collect more information on your complaint. DO NOT RELY ON OTHER'S to forward your concerns. The MOE does not wish to receive third party complaints (understandably). If you have a complaint, please contact the MOE directly.

I hope this is helpful. I am optimistic regarding the beginning of MOE involvement, however, I expect this to be a long process.

HEALTH - As for our issues, two days ago was very bad for me, and yesterday was tough as well but keeping busy seems to help. Today I woke extremely exhausted but have been on the phone regarding this wind issue, computer issues and work all morning. While I feel tired, my headache seems to be relieved today. I do have an upper back ache, not sure what that is from? And, as I sit here and type, my right ear has an "itchy" feeling, with an occasional sharp pain. I am still feeling the ongoing feeling of a sore throat, swollen glands type feeling, but I do not appear to be ill and I see no visible signs of swelling or redness in my throat area. I hate to return to the doctor as I know our health system is stressed enough, however, I also know that medical monitoring of our symptoms is likely an important peice of information as we move forward with this wind issue. I have not noticed any unusual symptoms from the children except that our youngest again woke up this morning and immediately said "my legs hurt". I am not sure exactly what he is referring to, he can not explain it to me, but it seems like an odd statement.
Nik

No comments: