Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 3 - 4:57 pm

I have been working at home today and my sinuses are popping and my head is throbbing like crazy...I see out my window that the turbines are turning quite quickly, there is quite a bit of wind. I can not hear them over the ceiling fan, the radio and the clicking of my typing, but I have to wonder what is causing this pressure in my head. It's funny, but I actually consider myself lucky - i was told about one woman who could barely get out of bed. She suffered from terrible, terrible migraines she says are the result of the turbines. Today is overcast and windy. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the family sleeps tonight when they get home. I am feeling pretty good about the possibility that the trees block the effects a bit, maybe we'll have a good summer...and, if that's true, that would mean that something can be done to shelter us from the turbines next door. Have a Great Day. Nik

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry Nikki, leaves will have very little effect on the wind noise and the effects your are feeling. Leaves will not abate Low Frequency noise which is problably the reason you are feeling your ears popping. Nobody really knows the what are all the effects, but it appears there are several factors, audible noise, (dBA scale) inaudible noise (dBC) (not able to be picked my your ear but your inner ear is feeling almost a vibrational effect) as well as infrasounds (levels that are below 20 Hz) There is also a possibility you are feeling the effects of stray voltage (better named "dirty electricity") Remember the people in Ripley.