Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10th - Vibration Confirmation!!!

In response to Kari's question on July 8th comments section, the answer is "Nobody Knows"....each individual person reacts differently to the noise, vibration and flicker of the wind turbines. Those who have a predisposition seem to be affected more (eg. prone to motion sickness, inner ear issues, pacemakers, etc), however, there have been no official studies done to determine why some people are affected and others are not, or why, or what can be done. My greater concern is this FOR PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE NOT NOTICING THE AFFECTS; HOW DO WE KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT BEING AFFECTED AS WELL AND DO NOT REALIZE IT AS IT IS INTERNAL, OR ORGAN RELATED OR WORSE - WHAT WILL HAPPEN YEARS DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THESE PEOPLE(ESPECIALLY CHILDREN) WHO HAVE BEEN LIVING NEXT TO WIND TURBINES DEVELOP ISSUES/PROBLEMS/DISEASES AND IT IS THEN DETERMINED THAT WIND TURBINES ARE/WERE THE CAUSE????

Vibration confirmation!!! What happened last night even took me by surprise...A few months ago, I visited my dentist to rule out problems I was having related to ear pressure and headaches being related to something other than the wind turbines. As a teenager, I used to grind and clench my teeth which would sometimes cause discomfort. When I visited my dentist, he said that there was no visible damage to my teeth to indicate that I was grinding. It did not appear that I had TMJ, but that clenching was a possibility and why not try a mouth guard to see if that would help with the problem. I was fitted and picked up the mouth guard about a week ago. I was instructed to wear it at night and if I noticed I was clenching while working at the computer or watching tv I could use it then also. I have not noticed myself clenching, but last night I decided to try it out for the first time. It is basically a fitted piece of plastic that rests over my top teeth so that there is a barrier between the top and bottom teeth. It was pretty calm last night so the wind turbines were not turning very fast, at least the ones nearest me. I woke in the night, around 1:30am and it was the weirdest thing - I was not grinding or clenching, but in fact, the mouthpiece was vibrating!!!! As I kept my body/head loose and at rest, it was undeniable that my jaw was vibrating!! As the plastic lightly hit my teeth, I could feel and hear the click,click,click as it vibrated! I was shocked! At this point, I could not hear the wind turbines. I could not feel the vibration or any other disruption from the turbines! If I had not had my mouth piece in, I would have never known that I was feeling anything at all!! MY POINT here is this: Because of the mouthpeice, I was able to say for certain that I could feel a vibration happening in our home. Without it, I would have likely said that it was a quiet night with no side effects for me. So, does this mean that there are others out there who are not concsiously feeling the vibrations, but are being affected by it and don't even realize it??
I have been speaking to many people around Chatham Kent, and just this morning, was talking to a friend in Blenheim who has been trying to determine the cause of her vertigo and tiredness. She has tried many things. I asked her if there were wind turbines near her and she said "not that I know of"....my question is this How far away can these affects travel? What if she really is being affected by the turbines and does not even know it? This is not the first person who has described the same or simliar feelings of exhaustion, headache, vertigo or dizziness to me. I think it is important to note, that these people are not at all thinking about wind turbines when they are discussing how they are feeling...it is I who is thinking there may be a link...what if there is? I awoke this morning about 7:00 to the same vibration in my mouth. There is no mistaking that at rest my body was vibrating and the looseness of my jaw vibrating my teeth against the mouthpiece is evidence to me that this is a very, very serious problem.
LET'S TRY AN EXPERIMENT - If you live near a wind turbine, and you do not feel you are being affected, why not try an experiment...if you can get a moutpiece or sports mouth guard, try sleeping with it to see if you notice the same vibrations that I have noticed. Let me know what happens...Thanks. Nik

3 comments:

Nik said...

forgot to mention that when I woke up last night, I also had the extremely dry eye feeling, like there was no fluid left in the sockets...does anyone know if that can be caused by vibration? My husband also complained of his eyes this morning

Dawn Jordan said...

I am the organizer of Helderberg Community Watch, a group organized when Shell Wind Energy approached landowners on our mountain, about 20 miles southwest of Albany, New York. I have been reading your blogs, and am so sorry for what you and your family have to deal with on a daily basis.
We are currently trying to keep industrial wind out of 6 towns, with some success so far, but it seems it will be a never ending battle. We have a website www.helderbergcommunitywatch.org and put out printed newsletters to inform the public. I would like to include your latest blog post in our next newsletter, but wanted to contact you for permission first. If you would like to see our first newsletter or the DVD that we also distribute, I would be happy to send them to you.
My email is info@helderbergcommunitywatch.org
Best of luck to you and your family. Thank you for your time.
Dawn Jordan
54 Gulf Hill Rd.
Voorheesville, NY 12186

Nik said...

Dear Dawn,
You may list my blog on your website and use the material from it as well. I hope that my family's daily diary can assist you with your goal to keep industrial wind away from your residents. I wish you the best of luck! Nik