Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11 - Turbines Not Running!!!!!

Two nights ago during the terrible storm, the turbines combined with the thunder and lightening to make for a very long and sleepless night, but yesterday and today they have not moved at all! This is great news for us, but with the heat and humidity so high, I have to wonder what good they are if they don't spin during these times of required electricity...it was this time last year when we had the big blackout - how can the turbines assist with shortages if they do not spin when we need them most?

All I can say is that it sure was a good feeling driving home from town this afternoon and seeing that NONE of them were turning at all! I hope that they stay this way a few more days so we can get some rest....

It's funny though, even though they were not turning yesterday, I still felt dizzy through most of the day and exhausted, I know it was from lack of sleep that I felt tired, but I wonder about the dizziness and whether the strong affects of the turbines takes some time to wear off...sort of like getting off a boat you have been on for a long duration and it takes a while to feel like you are walking on land again......
Not observed
Temperature: 22.3°C
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Tendency: falling
Dewpoint: 22.3°C
Humidity: 100 %
Wind: N 6 km/h
Humidex: 32



Nik

No comments: