Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday August 30th - Things that make you go "hmmm"

It's almost the end of August...We are finished the outer renovation with a few minor details remaining...we are working now on the inside, and yes, we are broke! Ha,ha, okay, not really, but WOW! what an expensive endeavour this turned out to be - between the re-enforcements, the rounded siding, the steel roof and the extreme amount of insulation - I think we have a turbine proof fortress now! It makes me wonder - if we have to spend all this money to continue to be happy and healthy in our homes, why is it that none of the turbines were turning yesterday?? What I mean by that is that I was driving back from camping along Lake Erie from Wheatley to our home (towards Blenheim) and not a single wind turbine was operating. How can this possibly be? I thought these metal giants were supposed to be Green, Energy producing wonderful machines of the future? And yet, not one was turning yesterday, production of electricity - Zero......Hmmmmm.

Another funny thing, my parents visited for a week from the 18th to the 26th. While he was here, my dad said he slept great but he felt tired, not quite himself, worn out... the same things I describe feeling when I am in this house too much! In fact, since I was around the house a lot that week, I too felt exhausted even though I should have been well rested based on the hours of sleep I received. I haven't asked my father if he has felt better upon returning home yet, but I sure noticed that being gone for three days camping this weekend made all the difference for me! The first day, same feelings, second day, feeling better and by the third day when we came home, I'd had less sleep the night before and felt more alive and awake than I have in a long time - likely since the last time I travelled and slept away from home, It's a bit like finding the fountain of youth - leave home for a few days and get away from the turbines....HMMMMM....Things that make you go hmmmm.

A little update. The turbines have been about the same, turning slowly or not at all, not as noticeable with the protection of the leaves on the trees. I truly hope that this fall we find that our renovations were all worth it and that our home is livable. On a good note though, there are so many skeptics out there who think we are all "making up" these symptoms. I am sure someone will buy the house even after I share my blog with them. Why wouldn't they, after all, I am just "making it up" because I don't "handle change well"...Hmmmmm

Wishing you all a Wonderful Day!

Nik

No comments: