Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25th, 2012 - I am worried

Hello. I haven't blogged for quite sometime...I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to live life without constantly thinking about the turbines outside of our home and the consequences of them that we are forced to live with. I am blogging today for a few reasons, just things I think you should know if you are following, things that might help someone else out there to know they are not alone...
First, the turbines are louder than I have ever heard them this past few weeks. Or, maybe I had just forgotten how loud they can be on a winter, windy day. My headaches are unbelievable, no one in the house is sleeping, and there is no sign of this changing anytime in the near future. It doesn't help that another project went up to the front of our house so now we are surrounded. This means no rest from them, even when the wind changes direction...used to be that at least they were quieter when the winds switched, now we get it from all sides...
Which brings me to my second concern, my oldest is getting headaches. He came home from school early last Friday due to a headache (mine was also especially bad that day and my husband had one also - the turbines the night before were incredibly loud), and he complained of a headache again yesterday (coincidentally, the night before last, I was unable to sleep until 6am due to an uneasy feeling I find difficult to describe that comes from inside when the turbines are especially bad), he had not slept well and NO, I don't believe it is a coincidence, that was a little sarcasm. I hate to think it, but I think my oldest son is starting to get the same headaches I get. And lastly, with regards to my boys, both are not sleeping well at all. They wake up several times each night, when the turbines are loud. They become upset sometimes and often can not get back to sleep without comforting and usually me sleeping with them.
The message from this is - if you have children, especially if you have children, or if you know someone with children who is considering moving close to a turbine, or allowing one on their property - STOP THEM! We don't know what the outcome of these steel monsters being put so close to homes is going to be long term, all I can do is hope that there are no significant long term side affects and try to warn others....but you can stop people. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I am afraid for my family - and yours too...
I get angry just typing about it, but I had to post these new developments. I know many have stopped following the blog, but if it helps just one person, it's worth it.
take care,
Nikki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Nikki, I just checked in to see how you were doing. I'm so sorry to hear that it's even worse than before.

We are facing a couple of wind projects in our area of Ontario as well and appreciate you taking the time to leave an update.

Please take care.
Renee

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on your blog and feel your pain. I live on a mountain in the US and over the summer they installed a turbine at the top of the mt about 17500 feet from us. Since the summer I started having diffuclty sleeping, increased blood pressure, waking up every hour or two and sometimes just not sleeping. The yesterday someone mention WTS and voila' mystery solved. I am going to move as this is not worth it, we do not have children but if I did I would not subject them to this torture for one more second. My wife does not have any symtpoms and only two of us live here. We can not here the turbine but can see one blade of the structure as it turns.

After doing research I am certain this is the cause of my symptoms and will have to move bcs it is not worth loosing sleep over it, literally.

Just some words of encouragement to you and thanks for your blog. Hope it all works out for you and your family. Good luck